Full Time Assistant Store Manager
We are an independent gift shop located in Roncesvalles Village looking for a responsible, outgoing, creative individual with retail experience to join our little team! This is a full time assistant manager position offering approximately 32-40 hours each week including weekends.
We hope to find someone that already knows and loves our shop and has an affection for handmade. We need someone who will support and oversee our staff, help to increase sales and grow our current customer base. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership and interpersonal skills. As a small business we ask for flexibility from all of our team members as our needs are always evolving.
- At least 3 years retail experience, including some leadership responsibilities
- Enjoys interacting with people and feels comfortable in a social environment
- Is available to work weekends with flexibility to switch shifts if needed
- Is quick to learn, comfortable in a fast-paced environment and takes initiative to improve our shop and our customer’s experiences
- An excellent problem solver, organized and resourceful
- Has a creative side, a love of handmade and an interest in current trends
- Has an understanding of using a cloud based POS system
- Experience with shopify and online sales is a bonus
Authentically engage with customers and use your product knowledge to help them make an informed decision
- Create a warm, inviting environment for our customers
- Strive to accomplish performance goals
- Opening and closing the shop
- Working closely with the owner to ensure the store is running smoothly
- Identify opportunities to improve the daily store functions
- Receiving products using a cloud based POS
- Organizing, inventory management and visual merchandising
- Delegating tasks
- Daily cleaning
- Researching and having an interest in finding new product lines for the shop
- Helping with customer requests, complaints and feedback
Online Shop Support:
- Packing and shipping online orders
- Inventory management
The relationships we've built with our customers over the years is so important to us and we are looking for someone that will continue to build on that.
Our shop is constantly evolving and we want our newest team member to be someone who wants to grow with the shop. If it sounds like you would be a good fit for Scout please email your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com
We are grateful to everyone that applies but will only be reaching out to those who sound like they will be the right fit. We can't wait to meet you!