Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens
Whether for eggs, meat, fun, or profit, chickens are the perfect addition to any new backyard grower’s farm.
Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens is your guide to successfully caring for your flock. As a comprehensive primer for first-time chicken farmers, Raising Chickens includes detailed illustrations and informative photographs that help to ease new homesteaders into the world of backyard chicken farming.
Raising Chickens takes you from start to finish: from planning out your chickens’ space, to hatching and raising new chicks, to keeping your birds happy, healthy, and well-fed, to enjoying your very own farm-fresh eggs and more.
With Raising Chickens, you will:
- Find the ideal breed of bird for your needs
- Construct a coop to minimize your workload and maximize your enjoyment
- Gather eggs for food, profit, or to hatch your own birds to add to your flock
- Use the freshest eggs possible in a variety of delicious recipes
- And many more tips and tricks from experienced farmers to help you avoid the most common mistakes
Backyard Farming: Raising Chickens is your first big step to joining the growing movement of homemakers and homesteaders looking to make a return to a healthier, happier way of life—and it starts right in your own backyard.
128 pages; paperback